Europamundo Terms & Conditions
The trips in this brochure have been organised by EUROPA MUNDO VACACIONES S.L. (c.i.c.ma 904 - Spain) a company in the JTB group, with a registered business address at Calle García de Paredes 55, 1º, 28010 Madrid, Spain.
Any error or change that is detected after the publication of this booklet will be included and updated on the Statement of Errors of the www.europamundo.com website. These errors will be corrected on the “My Trip” documentation if you purchase a tour.
START AND END OF OUR SERVICES:
The services provided by Europamundo Vacaciones S.L. are overland. They start at the time when the customer receives the first service provided by our company (always following the border and customs formalities), and end when the customer receives the last scheduled service (transfer, breakfast, or the corresponding service, according to the purchased package). Europamundo Vacaciones S.L. is not responsible for the consequences or circumstances arising from services that are not provided by our company (flight disruptions, loss or damage of luggage on flights, problems at borders/customs or those related to documentation, etc.).
Only bookings made through the www.europamundo-online.com web-site will be processed. The customer can check the information that Europamundo Vacaciones provides on the “My Trip” web page created exclusively for them and it can be found on the travel voucher which confirms their services. We strongly recommend that all passengers check the information (to correct their names, dates and flights for transfers, etc.).
DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT
You will be required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit per person within 7 days of making your booking. Reservations will automatically be cancelled if no deposit has been received within 7 days of making your booking.
Destination Land Only Land + Cruise Package + Flights
Europamundo's tours $200 $1000 $2000
Deposit requirements may vary when booking a special deal or last minute special. Special deals or last minute specials are non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable. Holiday We Go will advise the deposit amount at the time of booking. Full payment may be required at the time of booking.
Holiday We Go reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger without further notice where payment has not been received by Holiday We Go within the specific time. Schedule of final payment is listed as follow:
Destination Land Only Land + Cruise / Package + Flights
Europamundo's Tour 60 Days 101 Days
Group and Customised groups may require full payment earlier. Payment Terms and Conditions will be advised at the time of booking.
Special Deals or Last Minute Packages may require full payment at the time of booking or 120 Days prior departure from Australia. Holiday We Go will advise this at the time of booking.
Europamundo cannot treat any reservation as cancelled while the online cancellation has not been completed. The travel agent will check the receipt of the final cancellation that will arrive from Europamundo following the online cancellation, ensuring that all the details specified are correct. The customer may cancel the requested or booked services at any time, whereby they are entitled to a refund for the paid amount, but must compensate the agency, except in cases of force majeure, as per the following: The processing costs plus the cancellation cost, if these have been incurred, once the journey has been confirmed by Europamundo and regardless of the departure date.
We require AUD 200 deposit per person at the time of booking confirmation.
|Before departure||Cancellation fee||penalty|
|31 days or more||AUD 145+ Admin Fee AUD$55||nil|
|Less than 30 days||AUD 145+ Admin Fee AUD$55||+ 10 % of land tour component|
|Less than 10 days||AUD 145+ Admin Fee AUD$55||+ 25 % of land tour component|
|Less than 3 days||AUD 145+ Admin Fee AUD$55||+ 35 % of land tour component|
|Less than 1 days||+ 100 % of land tour component|
No shows at the start of the trip, without prior cancellation, will not be entitled to any refund (except force majeure, which will be examined on a case by case basis).
Different cancellation conditions apply for some programs (circuits that include train / airplane / cruise routes; or circuits to Kenya and Tanzania); and during particularly difficult dates (fairs, special events, periods involving increased hotel booking difficulties).
The representative operator may, in turn, charge for the processing fees that have accrued in accordance with the provisions of the law in the country where the sale occurs.
- In the event that the cancellation prior to the trip is produced by justified and demonstrable force majeure, only the costs of processing and services that cannot be cancelled will be charged, as well as the costs that must be absorbed by other providers (transfer on arrival, hotel in first city stay in the absence of prior notice, etc.). We recommend taking out insurance against cancellation in all cases.
- In the event that, during the tour, a customer has to cancel their tour for reasons of force majeure, they will be entitled to a refund proportionally to the paid amount / time not used. The processing fees and expenses incurred will be charged in all cases. In order to calculate this amount, only the services provided by Europamundo will be taken into account (excluding the sections undertaken by air, except on those tours that have flights included), and the reimbursement is made on the amount charged by Europamundo to the tour operator (which is therefore subject to a deduction for the commission paid).
- In instances where, following the withdrawal or cancellation of any passenger en route, the category of room occupancy is reduced (from double to single, or from triple to double), the difference in the cost of this, if applicable, will be passed on in the amount owed to the customer that has cancelled.
Changes made to a confirmed booking prior to the start of a trip and more than 10 days before departure (changes to arrival or departure date, change of tour, etc.) are subject to a penalty equivalent to the processing fees that are listed in the cancellation section.
In order to obtain the discounts listed in the catalogue at the time of booking, it is necessary to attach a copy of the document that justifies the said discount at the time of the trip (document that specifies the date of birth, marriage certificate, etc.). No discounts can be granted if there is no information at the time of booking. These discounts will not be made on any type of supplements (single room, stopovers made en route, etc.).
*These discounts will not apply in the circuits of: Japan; Korea; Kenya / Tanzania. Read their specific conditions.
- Children under 3 years: they will only be entitled to a bus seat and the insurance included. The parents will pay directly any additional services they may require (cot, etc.).
- Children (Discounts can only be combined with a triple room discount). Children above 3 / under 18 must always be accompanied either by their parents or legal guardians, or with written confirmation signed by them which authorizes the child to travel with a given adult who assumes complete responsibility for the child.
- Over 65s (Discount can only be combined with the triple room discount).
- Returning customers (Discount can only be combined with the triple room discount) or honeymoon couples (who are making the trip up to 3 months after the date of the wedding).
- Passengers travelling as a three: A triple room is a room that is actually a double room with an extra bed added to it, which often results in a lower level of comfort. Programs in the United States and Canada offer different prices for triple and quadruple rooms indicated on a journey by journey basis, which usually involves rooms with two queen sized beds.
- Group of travellers taking a scheduled tour: Discounts and gratuities will apply depending on the circuit and number of passengers. Check with your travel agent.
NON ADMITTANCE OF PASSENGERS:
A moderate degree of physical health and physical ability is required to participate in our tours. In the event of any passenger with special physical or mental needs, or in cases where a passenger over 80 years of age is travelling alone, Europamundo must be informed in writing at the time of booking, which will be analyzed on a case by case basis, and it is possible that Europamundo may request a medical report. In cases in which the customer accepts the tour, Europamundo cannot assume any responsibility in relation to the difficulty or impossibility that the said passenger may encounter in undertaking the activities planned for the tour package, nor can Europamundo assume any responsibility for providing assistance for their adaptation to, or continuation of, the trip.
No reservations will be accepted and Europamundo reserves the right to suspend any tour for passengers whose physical and/or mental conditions make their participation in it very difficult or dangerous to themselves or others.
Europamundo likewise reserves the right to exclude passengers who significantly disrupt the smooth-running of the trip.
All passengers must bring their valid documentation (passport, visas, health certificates, etc.), with the problems and disadvantages that may arise from non-compliance with this norm being their full responsibility. The interruption of the services taken out is not considered “Cancellation for force majeure” where the passenger is not carrying the required documentation or in instances where the traveler is denied passage through any border for this reason. It should be pointed out that we often note that the European border authorities often deny transit to passengers who they believe have acquired the trip for purposes other than tourism (immigrants). Europamundo cannot undertake any arrangements or make any reimbursement for services that cannot be used in such cases. Cancelling a tour before it starts due to a rejected visa application is, however, considered to be through force majeure (provided that this is documented or noted in the passport, and that we are notified within 72 hours following the refusal).
Except for tours to Kenya / Tanzania (read specific conditions), all our tours have guaranteed departures, although in extremely limited cases, it could transpire that Europamundo is unable to operate a given departure. In this case, and by way of compensation, Europamundo will provide the same trip on an earlier or later date than the one chosen or another trip with similar features vis-à-vis duration and route, and offer, by way of compensation, a reduction of 50% on the value of the aforementioned journey. Cancellations of guaranteed departures may arise (without compensation or liability on behalf of Europamundo) in cases of exceptional unforeseen circumstances - among others - wartime conflicts, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, epidemics and economic circumstances that generate a very significant drop in the expected sales.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
On each route, Europamundo specifies the services included on the trip. As a general rule, a strictly literal approach must be followed that leads to the conclusion that, what is not specifically listed as included in the tour price, is not included in it.
- Assistance: All our overland routes, unless otherwise noted, include the support of accompanying tour guides (English speaking) and local guides, if so specified. On some tours, according to the number of passengers, the service may be provided in bilingual (usually in English and Spanish). There will be no assistance from any guides on additional nights, either at the beginning or end of the tour. If the customer undertakes a section of a tour, the assistance of the guides begins at the moment when the group that constitutes the tour arrives in the place where the passenger will join it.
- Itineraries: All the detailed itineraries can be found on the website: www.europamundo.com as well as via “My Trip”. On many routes, there will be a change of coach / guide during the tour. Under exceptional circumstances, Europamundo reserves the right to modify the sites visited, the order of the visits or the stages of the itineraries.
- Hotels: Full details of the hotels are available in the catalogue and on our website www.europamundo.com. While this information is indicative of the standard of planned hotels, the final list of hotels that are confirmed for the trip can be checked via the “My Trip” website before starting the circuit. We might be obliged to replace the foreseen hotel, in some cases especially during the high season, with other similar of the same category before arriving at the destination. The passenger is responsible for all damages caused in the hotels / coaches, for injuries caused to other passengers and third parties, as well as for fines and expenses that Europamundo is obliged to pay to the authorities on their behalf.
- Travel Insurance: Europamundo takes out the Europ Assistance insurance policy of travel assistance for its passengers. This insurance provides coverage from the time that the provided services by Europamundo commence and continues until their completion (not including airline services). Europamundo cannot assume any liability in cases where the insurer considers that the policy does not cover the expenses claimed by the traveler, regardless of the reason that may lead to such a situation. It is also possible to check the limitations, obligations and exclusions on our website www.europamundo.com. For passengers own safety, Europamundo suggests purchasing an optional insurance in addition to the one included in the tours.
- Transport: The services provided by Europamundo are overland and are made by coach, with the size of the vehicle being adapted according to the number of passengers. Europamundo does not have coaches with access ramps for wheelchairs. If the number of registered participants on a circuit is very low, in order to fulfil our commitment of “Guaranteed Departures”, Europamundo may provide transport, a private vehicle or minivan driven by our guide. Likewise, a section of the trip could be undertaken by regular passenger train, airplane, bus or cruise, in which case, customers will not be assisted by an accompanying tour guide. As it is noted in the itinerary, on numerous routes, there will be one or more changes of coach / guide during the tour.
- Toilets on coaches: Many coaches do not have a toilet. Where toilets are available, travelers are asked to limit its use (due to odors and sections where emptying and cleaning is difficult). Some coaches are fitted with toilets provided on a fee-paying basis (thus allowing free but moderate usage).
OUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
In general, any service that is not detailed as being included in the program, contract or information will be provided to the traveler, e.g.: airport taxes, visas, taxes to enter or leave a country, tips (which are obligatory, as specified on the voucher, for few destinations like the USA, and must be paid directly on arrival to the driver and/or guide), extras in hotels, optional activities, and usually drinks during meals.
- “Stop Yes” additional fee is applied in case of requesting a Stop on route for EUR 40 / USD 44 USD per person.
MEETING POINT OR DEPARTURE POINT:
Unless otherwise stated, the starting point for the beginning of a tour is the hotel, if this was booked as an additional night or as a stop-over or end-point for another Europamundo itinerary. It is very important that travelers check the place of departure on their voucher. No shows at that place on the date and time confirmed can involve losing the purchased services without any right to a refund of the same, with a lack of punctuality incurring the same consequences, both at the beginning of a tour and during the course of the same.
The prices listed for “Additional Nights” are only valid for travelers who purchase tours with Europamundo, provided that these nights immediately precede or are a direct extension of our tour. Given that Europamundo has no places reserved in hotels for these additional nights, we cannot guarantee either the rate (which in periods of high hotel occupancy or difficulty may vary), or the hotel that is booked, which in many cases will be confirmed last minute.
Included transfers for the trip are specified on a tour by tour basis. In the event that transfers are included, which could be private or shared with other passengers, these may be provided from hotel to hotel or from the airport/ train station / port in the city where the passenger will join the tour to the hotel (or vice versa) at the beginning or end of the trip, with the right to the aforementioned transfer being lost where the passenger has arranged nights in between through a different travel company or where the airport / port is located at a distance of over 40 km. In the event that the traveler themselves request a change to this service, responsibility for this transfer is linked to the correct information on the flight / train / hotel number, with it being the passenger or travel agent’s responsibility, in this case, to pass on this information.
Europamundo will accept “shared” bookings for individual travelers on all our tours (except for Kenya/ Tanzania) at an additional cost of AUD51 . No reservations will be accepted for sharing on nights that are added on to the tours. In cases where a section of the trip is taken, shared reservations are accepted only if the length of the section includes at least 7 nights in hotels.
DOUBLE-BED BEDROOMS & TRIPLE ROOMS:
Europamundo cannot guarantee that all the rooms in the hotels will have double beds and it is possible that, in some hotels, the room will be a twin room (two single beds). In many hotels there are no triple rooms, with these actually being a double room (of one or two beds) with an additional bed (which in some cases might be a sofa-bed or a folding bed). The conditions and comfort are lower than double rooms. We do not recommend booking triple rooms for three adults; we would only suggest this for families travelling with a child.
LUGGAGE - LIMITS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The luggage allowed for each passenger on our tours is limited to a maximum of 30 kg per person. Europamundo may refuse to accept excessively bulky luggage. Europamundo will not accept any liability for the loss or theft of luggage occurring at the hotels or where bags are left in the hold of the coaches overnight. Europamundo cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of baggage, money, jewelry, electronic items or valuables, even when this occurs in the rooms of the hotels or if the items have been deposited in the safe-deposit box. In the event that passengers travel with luggage that has a higher value than is covered in the included policy, we recommend making a declaration for these items before commencing a tour and taking out additional insurance.
In the event that an emergency arises during the tour, the passenger should go directly to our accompanying tour guides. Furthermore, Europamundo provides a 24 hour emergency telephone service according to the destination country for urgent and important matters, which passengers can use, and details can be found on their voucher. Non urgent matters will not be dealt with on these calls, and nor will they respond to questions that do not relate to emergencies en route (reservations, rates, questions about availability, etc.).
CHANGES IN PRICES:
In countries where our catalogues publish the prices of European circuits in USD, the published prices were calculated at the prevailing exchange rate at the time the catalogue was created (November 2016) and these will not be modified if the average monthly exchange rate the month before the date in which the booking was made, was not less than 1.00 USD / EUR and not more than 1.18USD / EUR. In the event of variations above or below the specified values, the prices of this manual will be altered (increased or decreased) in the same proportion.
In the event customers wish to take a trip during 2018 which starts after the specified dates in this catalogue, Europamundo will maintain the price indicated in this brochure (except on exceptional dates or on circuits in Kenya/Tanzania) if passengers make a firm booking with a deposit being received before the 15th of January 2018. This booking does not allow changes on the itinerary, alterations to the departure date or name changes. Europamundo will not accept any responsibility for the variations resulting from the possible changes made in the itineraries from different seasons.
In the event of any breach of the contracted services, Europamundo request that passengers ask our accompanying tour guide or correspondent representative for a written note that specifies the aforementioned failure. In the event that this is not feasible for one reason or another, please let us know as soon as possible about the infringement that has been noted so that we can try to find a quick solution to the problem. Europamundo guarantees that it will respond to all written reports and complaints that are received within 40 days following the date that the trip is completed, directed through the operator that made the sale in the country of origin. Europamundo will not deal with complaints that are received after the specified date, given the difficulty of making the appropriate inquiries after a long period of time has elapsed.
TRAVEL INSURANCE - Travel with complete peace of mind.
Europamundo has taken out travel insurance with Europ Assistance to cover all of its passengers. The policy comes into effect on arriving at the destination, at the start of the services with Europamundo and it expires when the circuit arranged by our company has ended. Consequently, it does not include incidents during flights or stays before or afterwards that have not been booked with our company. Detailed information on the General Terms and Conditions and exclusions of the policy is available here and on My Trip or it can be requested from Europ Assistance España S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros.
Procedure to follow: in the event of requiring assistance, contact the guide so that he/she can start the formalities. If this is not possible, contact the insurance company directly so that it can provide the assistance. The 24-hour centralised assistance office telephone number of EUROP ASSISTANCE is:
Telephone: (+34) 915949653
(excess amount of €50 per claim, payable by the insured person).
|Dentistry expenses.||60 €|
|Extended hospitalisation due to illness or accident.||€ 80/day. Max. 10 days|
|Transfer of sick and wounded persons.||Unlimited|
|Transfer of mortal remains.||Unlimited|
|Return of accompanying insured persons.||Unlimited|
|Sending of medicines abroad||Included|
|Travel of one person to accompany the hospitalised insured person.||Unlimited|
|Accommodation and allowances for the person accompanying the hospitalised insured person.||€80/day. Max 10 days|
|Return of the insured person in the event of the death of a relative.||Unlimited|
|Search for and location of luggage.||Included|
|Sending of urgent messages (arising from guarantees).||Included|
|Loss, damage and theft of luggage.||€30/ item Max. €300|
|Delayed luggage attributed to Europamundo exceeding 12 hours.||100 €|
|Accident insurance – death caused by an accident during trip.||2.500 €|
|Accident insurance- disability caused by an accident on the trip.||6.000 €|
This insurance has limited cover and does not include important aspects such as electronic equipment, loss, theft, breakage or minor damage (handles/ scratches/ wheels) to luggage, cash, jewels or valuable goods, even if they are in hotel rooms / ship cabins. If your luggage is worth more than the inclusion cover, we suggest you declare it before starting the tour and take out extra insurance that provides additional cover.
Europamundo declines all responsibility in cases in which the insurance company considers that the policy does not cover the expenses claimed by the passenger, regardless of the reasons.
Europamundo advises all its clients to take out additional insurance with additional cover than the one included in our tours. Please ask your travel agent.